Ormeau Junior Challenger
Saturday 30th December 2023
Entries Closing Date: Thursday 28th December
The Ormeau Table Tennis Club is hosting our annual junior challenger Tournament. This is the perfect junior tournament for players of all ages abilities for both boys and girls.
The challenger is a fun and competitive tournament endorsed by table Tennis Ulster. The format of the tournament will be “mixed” groups with boys and girls competing in different divisions depending on their tournament experience.
Group stages will comprise of 3/4 players and after all, players will playoff for their final position.
Prizes will be awarded to winners and runners-up of each division.
** Please notes all times are approximate and events can run past finish times **
Division 1&2 9.30-1.30 pm
Division 3&4 2-6 pm
Please enter into the Division you think is correct, Division 1&2 will all start together with top 2 players moving to Division 1 and bottom 2 will moved to Division 2 and this will be the same for Division 3&4.
1. A condition of entry to each event is that players agree to abide by TTU’s Code of Conduct which can be accessed on TTU’s website https://www.tabletennisulster.com/code-of-conduct/ .
2. Participants will be organised into groups initially, and after the format will be a knockout tournament with the top 2 players advancing into the top half of the Division and the bottom 2 moving to the lower half of the Division. Matches will be the best of 3 games unless otherwise specified by the event organiser.
3. The final order in a group shall be determined as per ITTF regulation 3.7.5 for group competitions except that where a player concedes a match he/she shall receive -3 group points.
4. All players will be expected to umpire when required.
5. All players must report to the control table on arrival and must not leave the venue while still in the competition without first obtaining permission from the Referee.
6. The tournament organiser reserves the right to alter the format of the draw, cancel any category and to restrict admission to the tournament venue. If a category is over-subscribed, then entries will be treated on a last in–first out basis.
7. Event Entry Restrictions: All players must provide their DOB and club name as a condition of entry and must be affiliated to the ITTA.
8. All disputes will be dealt with by the tournament organiser and/or TTU’s Events Committee whose decision will be final.
Allow photo/video permission for promotional use. If you don’t want your child in photos/video please email us email@example.com